Easter egg cakes
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25mins
These delicious Easter egg cakes taste great - too good to be left until Easter!
- 275g/10oz plain flour
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 50g/2oz cocoa powder
- 10ml/2tsp baking powder
- 100g/4oz butter, melted
- 300ml/1/2pt milk
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 5ml/1tsp vanilla essence
- For the icing:
- 225g/8oz icing sugar, sifted
- 100g/4oz butter, softened
- 30ml/2tbsp cocoa powder
- 30ml/2tbsp hot water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- To make the muffins, sift the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together and stir into the flour mixture. Beat until the mixture is just smooth - do not overbeat.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, beat the icing sugar and butter together. Blend the cocoa and water to a smooth paste and beat into the butter mix. Spread over the top of the muffins and decorate with Easter eggs.
See more Easter recipes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Double chocolate mousse
A recipe for chocoholics. This luxurious chocolate dessert is ideal for entertaining and will make sure that there are...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...
Little lemon tarts
These little lemon tarts might have an Easter theme but they taste delicious all year round.