Easter egg cakes
- Serves: 12
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25mins
These delicious Easter egg cakes taste great - too good to be left until Easter!
- 275g/10oz plain flour
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 50g/2oz cocoa powder
- 10ml/2tsp baking powder
- 100g/4oz butter, melted
- 300ml/1/2pt milk
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 5ml/1tsp vanilla essence
- For the icing:
- 225g/8oz icing sugar, sifted
- 100g/4oz butter, softened
- 30ml/2tbsp cocoa powder
- 30ml/2tbsp hot water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- To make the muffins, sift the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together and stir into the flour mixture. Beat until the mixture is just smooth - do not overbeat.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, beat the icing sugar and butter together. Blend the cocoa and water to a smooth paste and beat into the butter mix. Spread over the top of the muffins and decorate with Easter eggs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Fresh fruit gateau
This delicious dessert is perfect for a dinner party and because it contains less than 250 calories it will...
Cherry & chocolate roulade
Give the family a special treat. This delicious dessert is sure to impress.
Mini Easter cakes
A great idea to make with the kids as they are easy to make and tasty too.