- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
An Easter version of a kedgeree recipe
- 225g/8oz basmati rice
- 4 cardamom pods, split
- 75g/3oz frozen peas
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 350g/12oz salmon fillet
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 15ml/ 1 tbsp medium curry paste
- 45ml/ 3 tbsp half fat crème fraiche
- 60ml/ 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the cardamom pods. Rinse the rice in a sieve until the water is clear. Add the rice to the pan and simmer uncovered for 5mins. Stir in the peas, return to the boil and simmer for 2mins. Drain well in a colander.
- Place the eggs in a medium pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Set the timer and cook for 6 mins. Drain, run under cold water until cool enough to handle, then carefully peel away the shells. Cut into quarters and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon in frying pan, skin side up, add enough water to just cover, slowly bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 3-4mins, or until just cooked. Drain, then flake the flesh, discarding skin and bones.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, add the onion and curry paste and cook for 1 min. Stir in the rice, salmon, crème fraiche and half the parsley, gently heat stirring to mix until piping hot. Season well with salt and pepper. Arrange in a serving dish and top with the eggs. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and broccoli pasta
This recipe is fantastic value at less than £1 per portion. Not only that but it is also deliciously...
Wild mushrooms and asparagus pasta
This delicious pasta dish makes a simple vegetarian meal.
Egg caesar salad
This egg caesar salad brings a taste of summer to the dinner table - delicious.