- Serves: 1
- Prep: 1mins
- Cook: 2mins
A quick, easy omelette recipe. All you need are eggs, butter, water and some salt or pepper and you're ready to cook!
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Knob unsalted butter
- Beat the eggs and water together
- Heat the pan and add the butter. When foaming, add eggs and lightly whisk with a fork.
- Season the mix, continuing to whisk until almost set but still wet.
- Tilt pan slightly to help fold omelette in half.
- Slide onto a plate. Nothing else is needed.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon and boursin omelette
Get inspired and make an omelette that’s packed with protein and great flavours. This dish is bursting with the...
Watercress and salmon omelette
Got two minutes to spare? Grab some sweet, peppery watercress and succulent pieces of juicy red salmon - combine...
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.