Egg and avocado tortilla wraps
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 7mins
A refreshing change from sandwiches, this tortilla wrap with eggs and avocado will ensure a tasty vegetarian lunch.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado
- juice of half a lime
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Place the eggs in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 7 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Slice the eggs.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion and coriander together with seasoning. Peel, stone and slice the avocado then toss the slices in the lime juice.
- Lay the flour tortillas out on the work surface, spread a spoonful of soured cream over each, then divide the tomato mixture, eggs and avocado evenly between the tortillas.
- To roll up the tortillas, fold over two of the edges, then start at a non-folded edge and roll up the tortillas enclosing the filling. Place seam side down. Eat straight away or wrap for up to 3 hours before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: