Egg and broccoli pasta
This recipe is fantastic value at less than £1 per portion. Not only that but it is also deliciously tasty.
- 225g/8oz fusilli
- 225g/8oz broccoli florets
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 mins or according to packet instructions, adding the broccoli florets for the final 4 mins of the cooking time. Drain in a colander.
- Put the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water; bring to boil. Boil for 7 mins; drain, rinse in cold water, tapping shells all over. Peel away the shells. Roughly chop.
- Stir the pesto sauce into the pasta and broccoli. Stir in the eggs and plenty of ground black pepper. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.