Egg and chorizo casserole
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 175g chorizo, sliced and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1cm cubes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 450g cooked tinned chickpeas, drained
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Chopped parsley to serve
- In a deep, heavy bottomed pan, fry the chorizo for two minutes and then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic and celery and cook until soft. Add the cubed sweet potato and tomatoes and cook for five minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and stock to the pan and return the chorizo. Mix well, season and cook for ten minutes.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and parsley until the eggs are cooked.
- Make four wells in the mixture then carefully crack an egg into each hollow. Cover and cook for five minutes or until set.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish baked eggs
Missing your holiday? This egg recipe is the perfect reminder as it's full of the flavours of Spain -...
Cheese & bacon eggy bread bake
Make your next meal something extra special by trying our cheese and bacon eggy bread bake, a quick and...