Egg and spinach salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
A delicious salad recipe, perfect as a light supper or to accompany a main meal.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 60ml/4tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g/2oz ciabatta or other crusty bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g/2oz sunblush tomatoes in oil plus 30ml/2tbsp of the oil from the tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves, shredded
- 100g/4oz baby spinach leaves
- Place 3 eggs in a small pan, cover with boiling water and bring to the boil. Boil for 6 mins, drain the eggs, rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over. When cool enough to handle, peel away the shells. Cut into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Tear the ciabatta into bite sized pieces and add to the hot oil. Fry for 2 to 3 mins, stirring occasionally until the croutons are crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix the tomatoes together with the oil and basil. Season to taste. Empty the spinach into 2 serving bowls, add the croutons, quartered eggs and tomatoes. Toss together and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)....