Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to slice in the morning.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 2 tsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 50g cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and slowly bring to the boil. When the water is boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 mins.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, tap and peel off the shells. This could be done the night before and the eggs chilled until required.
- Slice the eggs. Place the wraps in a clean board, spread a teaspoon of sauce over each, leaving a 2cm clear border. Top with the spinach leaves, sliced egg, pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrot.
- Drizzle over the remaining sauce. Fold over the side edges of the wraps, then roll up the wrap encasing the filling. Wrap in foil or paper and chill until ready to eat