Egg and tomato lasagne
The eggs make this lasagne extra filling. Suitable for vegetarians.
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 4-5 large sheets of lasagne (about 175g/6oz)
- 1 (660g) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 225g/8oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling simmer for 7 mins. Then drain, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. When cold peel away the shells. Thinly slice the eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6, lightly oil a 1.2ltr/2pt ovenproof dish.
- Place a layer of lasagne over the base of the dish, snapping the dried pasta to fit the dish. Pour the pasta sauce in to a jug and add 100ml/4floz cold water to thinslightly. Pour a quarter of the sauce over the lasagne then cover with a third of the sliced eggs and a sprinkling of the cheese. Repeat twice again. Top the eggs with a final layer of lasagne and the all the remaining cheese.
- Stand the lasagne on a baking tray and cover with foil. Bake for 25 mins, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20-25 mins or until the lasagne is tender and top golden. Leave to stand for 10 mins, before slicing into wedges and serving with salad.