Egg and tomato pitta pockets
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 7mins
A great lunch recipe which takes just minutes to make.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling simmer for 7 mins. Then drain, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool.
- When cold peel away the shells. Roughly chop the eggs and mix with the mayonnaise, tomatoes and seasoning. Cut each pitta bread in half, then use a knife to create a pocket in each half. Divide the egg mixture between the pitta pockets. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill until required.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and avocado tortilla wraps
A refreshing change from sandwiches, this tortilla wrap with eggs and avocado will ensure a tasty vegetarian lunch.
Parma ham bruschetta
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
Tomato and cucumber boiled egg salad
You'll love this easy but tasty recipe that works as a starter or light lunch.
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...