Egg and tomato pitta pockets
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 7mins
A great lunch recipe which takes just minutes to make.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling simmer for 7 mins. Then drain, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool.
- When cold peel away the shells. Roughly chop the eggs and mix with the mayonnaise, tomatoes and seasoning. Cut each pitta bread in half, then use a knife to create a pocket in each half. Divide the egg mixture between the pitta pockets. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill until required.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: