Egg, bacon and spinach cups
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 6 slices of smoked streaky bacon
- 3 slices of wholegrain toast
- Olive oil for greasing
- 25g mature cheddar, finely grated
- 25g baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170fan/gas mark 5. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bacon and fry for about five minutes, until just starting to crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime take the slices of bread and cut out 4-4.5cm rounds (you should be able to get two rounds out of every slice). You can use a round biscuit cutter to do this.
- Generously grease a six-hole muffin tin with olive oil and wrap a bacon slice around the sides. Place a bread disk at the bottom of each hole. Add the spinach and cheese, then crack an egg on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and cook for about fourteen minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Run a knife around the edge of each cup to release easily from the tin and serve with a side salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Corned beef and egg hash
Corned beef and egg hash is a tasty egg recipe and ideal if you're on a budget.
Baked eggs and spinach with salsa
Bake these in individual ramekins for a perfect starter when entertaining your vegetarian friends.
Leftover roast chicken crustless mini quiches
Perfect for a picnic, party or just sharing with the family, our roast chicken crustless mini quiches are a...