Egg, cucumber and shrimp soup
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, sliced into 3cm thick rough cubes)
- 12 shrimp, de-veined, peeled and cleaned
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 small pinch ground white pepper
- 2 beaten British Lion eggs
- Fried garlic (either buy from a shop or just lightly fry sliced garlic in vegetable oil)
- 1 small handful Thai basil (normal basil also works fine)
- 2 British Lion eggs (optional – for topping)
- In a pan add the stock, soy sauce, white pepper, sugar and cucumber and bring to the boil. Cook gently for a few minutes to soften the cucumber.
- Next add the shrimp and continue to cook until they are cooked throughout.
- Spin the mixture and crack two eggs into the soup causing them to scramble as they enter the moving soup.
- At the same time add the remaining eggs to a pan of simmering water and soft boil for five minutes, then remove and peel the shell.
- Rip the egg in half and add to the soup along with a handful of fresh Thai basil and crispy garlic and serve. Adjust seasoning if needed to suit your own taste.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked Salmon Laksa with soft boiled egg
Cook’s Tip I always cook my eggs in salted water and then remove from the boiling hot water into...
Wok fried egg and spicy minced pork with garlic & ginger
Cook’s tips The best way to set yourself up for cooking this dish is to separate all the prepared...