Egg, cucumber and shrimp soup
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, sliced into 3cm thick rough cubes)
- 12 shrimp, de-veined, peeled and cleaned
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 small pinch ground white pepper
- 2 beaten British Lion eggs
- Fried garlic (either buy from a shop or just lightly fry sliced garlic in vegetable oil)
- 1 small handful Thai basil (normal basil also works fine)
- 2 British Lion eggs (optional – for topping)
- In a pan add the stock, soy sauce, white pepper, sugar and cucumber and bring to the boil. Cook gently for a few minutes to soften the cucumber.
- Next add the shrimp and continue to cook until they are cooked throughout.
- Spin the mixture and crack two eggs into the soup causing them to scramble as they enter the moving soup.
- At the same time add the remaining eggs to a pan of simmering water and soft boil for five minutes, then remove and peel the shell.
- Rip the egg in half and add to the soup along with a handful of fresh Thai basil and crispy garlic and serve. Adjust seasoning if needed to suit your own taste.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Wok fried egg and spicy minced pork with garlic & ginger
Cook’s tips The best way to set yourself up for cooking this dish is to separate all the prepared...
Braised pork parlow with runny eggs
Cook’s tips Cooking the pork slowly stops the meat from getting tough. The idea here is to gently cook...