- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 25mins
A weekend favourite for the family. Try this delicious egg curry - a healthy alternative to the takeaway.
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp curry paste
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- Handful cauliflower florets
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 50g red lentils
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 25g creamed coconut
- Small handful coriander
- Handful spinach leaves
- 2 large hard-boiled British Lion eggs, quartered
- 15g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- Heat the oil and curry paste in a pan and cook the onion for 5-10min over a medium heat until golden and softened.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook for 1min. Stir in the tomatoes, lentils, stock and creamed coconut and cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15min.
- Chop the coriander root and stir into the curry with the spinach. Allow to wilt, then add the eggs and sprinkle over the cashew nuts.
- Divide between two bowls, scatter over the coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Serve with brown basmati rice – you’ll need 50g uncooked rice per person.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easy to make, these curried eggs add a bit of spice to a party and can be easily doubled...
Egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn
Entertain your friends with your Chinese cookery skills and give them a healthy option compared with the takeaway version.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.