- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 25mins
A weekend favourite for the family. Try this delicious egg curry - a healthy alternative to the takeaway.
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp curry paste
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- Handful cauliflower florets
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 50g red lentils
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 25g creamed coconut
- Small handful coriander
- Handful spinach leaves
- 2 large hard-boiled British Lion eggs, quartered
- 15g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- Heat the oil and curry paste in a pan and cook the onion for 5-10min over a medium heat until golden and softened.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook for 1min. Stir in the tomatoes, lentils, stock and creamed coconut and cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15min.
- Chop the coriander root and stir into the curry with the spinach. Allow to wilt, then add the eggs and sprinkle over the cashew nuts.
- Divide between two bowls, scatter over the coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Serve with brown basmati rice – you’ll need 50g uncooked rice per person.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...
Chow mein with prawns
This delicious chow mein with prawns makes a satisfying meal for the family and is quick to prepare. Take...