Egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Entertain your friends with your Chinese cookery skills and give them a healthy option compared with the takeaway version.
- 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, grated
- 225g/8oz cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (300g) tray prepared stir fry vegetables
- 350g/12oz cooked rice
- 6 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Cook garlic, ginger and chicken for 2mins.
- Add vegetables and rice and stir fry for 2mins then transfer to a warm bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the wok, add the beaten egg and cook for 1min stirring until the eggs have scrambled.
- Return the rice and vegetables to the wok, add soy sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately in bowls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...
Macaroni egg and broccoli cheese
Macaroni egg & broccoli cheese
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.