Egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Entertain your friends with your Chinese cookery skills and give them a healthy option compared with the takeaway version.
- 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, grated
- 225g/8oz cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (300g) tray prepared stir fry vegetables
- 350g/12oz cooked rice
- 6 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Cook garlic, ginger and chicken for 2mins.
- Add vegetables and rice and stir fry for 2mins then transfer to a warm bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the wok, add the beaten egg and cook for 1min stirring until the eggs have scrambled.
- Return the rice and vegetables to the wok, add soy sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately in bowls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Stir fried rice
A tasty stir fry, packed with healthy vegetables.
Annabel Karmel's egg fried rice with chicken
Young cooks will love this recipe for egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn.
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...