- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 7mins
- 8 large British Lion Eggs
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 baby gem lettuce leaves
- A dusting of paprika to garnish
- Crusty bread to serve, if wanted
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling simmer for 7 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. When cold peel away the shells. Roughly chop two of the eggs and mix with the mayonnaise, chives and seasoning.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate and heap the egg mayonnaise on top, dust with paprika. Serve with crusty bread if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An impressive salad which is healthy and tasty.
This is a real classic sauce favoured by all the top restaurants, but it needn’t be daunting if you...
Home made Scotch eggs are easier to make than you think and bound to be popular with the family.