Egg in a mug
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Splash of milk
- 40g frozen peas
- 40g frozen sweetcorn
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g cheddar cheese
- Toasted wholemeal pitta bread
- Crack each egg into a microwaveable mug. Add a dash of milk and seasoning to each, then beat together with a fork.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir with a fork, add the peas and corn and return to the microwave. Cook on High for 1 minute.
- Stir again with the fork and leave to stand for 30 seconds. If you prefer your eggs more set, microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes and cheese between the mugs and stir well. Serve with toasted pitta bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.