Egg in a mug
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Splash of milk
- 40g frozen peas
- 40g frozen sweetcorn
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g cheddar cheese
- Toasted wholemeal pitta bread
- Crack each egg into a microwaveable mug. Add a dash of milk and seasoning to each, then beat together with a fork.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir with a fork, add the peas and corn and return to the microwave. Cook on High for 1 minute.
- Stir again with the fork and leave to stand for 30 seconds. If you prefer your eggs more set, microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes and cheese between the mugs and stir well. Serve with toasted pitta bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...
Egg in a hole with tomato and feta
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge...