Egg in a mug
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Splash of milk
- 40g frozen peas
- 40g frozen sweetcorn
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g cheddar cheese
- Toasted wholemeal pitta bread
- Crack each egg into a microwaveable mug. Add a dash of milk and seasoning to each, then beat together with a fork.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir with a fork, add the peas and corn and return to the microwave. Cook on High for 1 minute.
- Stir again with the fork and leave to stand for 30 seconds. If you prefer your eggs more set, microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes and cheese between the mugs and stir well. Serve with toasted pitta bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...