- 500g new potatoes
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Medium Cheddar cheese
- 1 white onion
- Parma ham, salami, pastrami, pepperoni, ham or chicken
- 6 British Lion eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly slice your potatoes and boil until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, finely chop your onions, slice your tomatoes and tear your meats.
- Slice or grate your cheese.
- In a jug whisk your eggs and mix with a big glug of milk (about a cupful).
- Season the eggs with a little salt, some pepper and a half teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Heat a teaspoonful of olive oil and once your potatoes are tender add them to the pan.
- Cook for a minute or two and then add the onions. Don’t stir, but allow to cook for another minute.
- Pour the egg over the potatoes and onions.
- Add the tomatoes and meats.
- Allow to cook until the edges of the omelette start to come away from the pan.
- Spread the cheese over the top and then place under the grill.
- Cook until the cheese melts and the egg is set. Serve straight away.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.vintagefolly.com