Eggs baked in a crusty baguette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 150g butter
- 1 spring rosemary, leaves picked
- 1 spring thyme, leaves picked
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 crust baguette
- 30g parmesan, peeled
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Start with making the butter. Place the butter, herbs, garlic and salt in a small saucepan and warm up, until the butter is melted over a low heat.
- With a small serrated knife cut out 4 holes in the baguette, roughly 6-8 cm wide and 3 cm deep. Remove the bread gently, making sure that you haven’t damaged the crust at the bottom of each hole. Brush each hole with the garlic butter.
- Put the baguette on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Put the tray in the oven and warm up well for about 3-4 minutes. Take the tray out of the oven and crack one British Lion egg into each hole. Put the tray back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Take the tray out and transfer the baguette onto a chopping board. Leave for a minute to cool down, then cut into 4 slices.
- Serve on a big plate, pouring over the rest of the butter (at this point you may have to melt it again), parmesan shavings and black pepper.
You can use this recipe for dinner as well. Serve with a bowl of soup or leftover stew
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Cherry tomato quiche
This quiche makes a great party dish or a tapper ware lunch. It’s cheesy, it’s herby and wonderfully mild...
Spicy roast vegetables and lentils with boiled egg
This dish takes almost no time to prepare! You can save the leftovers for the next day, as it...
MOB Kitchen's Anchovy and Caper Carbonara
A new take on carbonara using British Lion eggs, a zesty lemon, parmesan and mixed with a base of...
Puff pastry baked egg and pesto parcels
Easy and elegant breakfast option. When you want to impress.