- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
A classic breakfast favourite, Eggs Benedict is one of the most popular egg recipes. If time is an issue, try using a jar of ready-made Hollandaise sauce.
- For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 75g/3oz butter, melted
- 2 large British Lion egg yolks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To complete:
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 slices ham
- toasted muffins to serve
- For the sauce: place the vinegar in a small pan and simmer until reduced by half. Place the egg yolks and vinegar in a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of gently simmering water. Whisk the yolks until the mixture is thick enough to leave a ribbon trail when the whisk is lifted. Gradually whisk in the butter until the mixture has thickened. Season to taste. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- To complete, pour 5cm/2in water in a large frying pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Carefully crack the eggs into the water and simmer for 2-3 mins or until the eggs are poached to your liking.
- Place 2 pieces of toasted muffins on each plate, top with the slices of ham, then place a poached egg on top. Spoon a little of the sauce over each and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...
Eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise
A recipe for classic eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise.
A take on the classic full English breakfast