- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
A classic breakfast favourite, Eggs Benedict is one of the most popular egg recipes. If time is an issue, try using a jar of ready-made Hollandaise sauce.
- For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 75g/3oz butter, melted
- 2 large British Lion egg yolks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To complete:
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 slices ham
- toasted muffins to serve
- For the sauce: place the vinegar in a small pan and simmer until reduced by half. Place the egg yolks and vinegar in a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of gently simmering water. Whisk the yolks until the mixture is thick enough to leave a ribbon trail when the whisk is lifted. Gradually whisk in the butter until the mixture has thickened. Season to taste. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- To complete, pour 5cm/2in water in a large frying pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Carefully crack the eggs into the water and simmer for 2-3 mins or until the eggs are poached to your liking.
- Place 2 pieces of toasted muffins on each plate, top with the slices of ham, then place a poached egg on top. Spoon a little of the sauce over each and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...