- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 6 British Lion eggs
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 125g salted butter, and a little for spreading
- 2 English muffins
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- A small bunch of chives, chopped
- Place two egg yolks in a small blender. Melt the butter in a saucepan until bubbling them remove from the heat.
- Blend the egg yolks then slowly drip the hot butter through the funnel in the top until incorporated and the sauce is thick.
- Remove the sauce from the blender and place in a bowl. Loosen the sauce with lemon juice to taste then season with salt and pepper. Leave the bowl of sauce set over a pan of warm water to keep it from going cold while you make the rest of the dish.
- Bring a wide pan of salted water to the boil. You need the water to be about 6cm deep. Once simmering, turn the heat down then crack the four eggs into the water. Leave to gently poach for 4-5 minutes or until the white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- While the eggs are poaching, toast the muffins and butter. Place the smoked salmon on top of each muffin half. Then remove the poached eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, using some kitchen paper to drain off any excess water and place on top of the smoked salmon. Drizzle over the warm hollandaise and sprinkle on some chives.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Black pudding with a poached egg
Looking for something different to start off your day? Why not try creating your own version of the breakfast...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...
Perfect breakfast for women
This is one for the ladies out there who are looking for a delicious protein-packed and heavenly breakfast. The...