Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 35mins
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler - an inventive dinner choice that the family will love.
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 225g/8oz mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 8-10 slices baguette or French bread
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp/45ml milk
- 5ml/1tsp dried herbs such as oregano or rosemary or mixed
- 50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan 200C/Gas Mark 6. Place the onions, mushrooms and courgettes and oil in an ovenproof ceramic dish and toss together. Bake for 20 mins or until golden and tender. Remove from the oven and stir in the garlic.
- In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with the milk, herbs and seasoning together. Dip the sliced bread in the egg, soak for a minute or two, then turn over and soak again. Transfer the soaked bread to the ovenproof dish and pour over any remaining egg.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for a further 15- 20 mins or until golden brown and crisp. Serve hot or warm.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...
To watch top vloggers Crumbs Food cook this recipe click here.
Broccoli & feta strata
Enjoy as a fantastic family-sized side or portioned for a homely main course - our broccoli and feta strata...