Eve's blackberry & apple pudding
- Serves: 10
- Prep: 4mins
- Cook: 45mins
- 450g (1lb) cooking apples
- 225g (8oz) blackberries
- 100g (3 1/2 oz.) caster sugar
- For the topping:
- 100g (3 1/2oz) butter
- 100g (3 1/2 oz.) light brown soft sugar
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 25g (1oz) toasted flaked almonds
- Grease a 1.4ltr (2 1/2pt) ovenproof dish. Peel, core and thickly slice the apples. Place in the prepared dish and stir in the blackberries and sugar.
- Place all the topping ingredients, except the almonds, together in a large bowl, use an electric whisk to beat them together for 1 minute or until fluffy.
- Spoon over the fruit and level the surface. Scatter over the almonds and bake at 180 C/350 F/ Gas 4 for 45-50 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched in the centre. Serve hot with custard.
Tip: Lightly grease a 1.4ltr (2 1/2 pt.) micro-proof dish. Prepare the fruit, place in the dish and cook on High for 4 minutes, stirring once. Prepare the topping adding extra 3tbsp milk to the mixture. Stand the dish on a trivet in the microwave, cover with a piece of kitchen paper and cook on High for 8 minutes, turning once. Stand for 2 minutes, then cook on High for 2 minutes or until the cake is well risen and firm to the touch. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg custard can be served on its own or to accompany a hot dessert such as apple pie.
Cherry clafoutis recipe (284 calories per portion)
MOB Kitchen's Pomegranate and Pistachio Pavlova Wreath
Whip up your British Lion eggs to make a delicious pavlova. Piled high with raspberries, pomegranate seeds and pistachios...
Lacy pancakes with rosewater berries
A delicious way to serve pancakes