Fast Florentine eggs
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 2mins
- 25g grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of spinach leaves (around 30g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the spinach in a microwave-proof cereal bowl, cover with an upturned plate and cook on high for 30 seconds until wilted.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, season and beat together with a fork. Scatter over the tomatoes.
- Cover with the upturned plate, cook on high for 1 minute 20 seconds. Sprinkle with cheese and pop under a hot grill to brown for a bit - if you can’t wait, eat straight away!
Microwave timings based on a 900W oven, adjust timings for different wattage ovens.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie easy scrambled eggs (micro recipe)
This easy low calorie recipe for scrambled egg is a great breakfast or lunch for when you're watching your...
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...
Baked breakfast with tomato and mushroom
Great recipe for all-in-one baked full English breakfast that the family will love, easy and low in calories, it's...
Low calorie piperade with eggs
Low calorie piperade with eggs makes a lovely light and tasty lunch. Peppers are an excellent source of vitamin...