Fast Florentine eggs
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 2mins
- 25g grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of spinach leaves (around 30g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the spinach in a microwave-proof cereal bowl, cover with an upturned plate and cook on high for 30 seconds until wilted.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, season and beat together with a fork. Scatter over the tomatoes.
- Cover with the upturned plate, cook on high for 1 minute 20 seconds. Sprinkle with cheese and pop under a hot grill to brown for a bit - if you can’t wait, eat straight away!
Microwave timings based on a 900W oven, adjust timings for different wattage ovens.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie cherry tomato and parmesan frittata
This two-egg dish is rich in protein so helps repair and build muscle after intense exercise. It also includes...
Tom Daley’s Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
Makes 12 pancakes
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...