Fiery egg and spinach curry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half an hour.
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 carton (500ml) tomato passata
- 3 fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 150g baby spinach
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Basmati rice and naan to serve (optional)
- For the curry paste:
- 1 onion, roughly peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 thumbsized piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp cinnammon
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil and gently add the eggs. Cook at a simmer for 7 minutes then place the eggs into a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking process. When cool enough to handle, peel and set aside.
- Place the curry paste ingredients in a blender along with a small dash of oil and blitz into a fine paste.
- Fry the onions in some oil for 3-4 minutes. Add the curry paste and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the passata, fresh tomato quarters and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir through the spinach until wilted. Season to taste and add in the halved eggs.
- Divide between four bowls. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with basmati rice and naan bread if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: