- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 45mins
The whole family will love this classic fish pie recipe.
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 450g/1lb potatoes, peeled
- 210ml/1/2pt milk
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- 30ml/2 tbsp plain flour
- 225g/1/2lb un-dyed smoked cod fillet, skinned
- 1/2 (40g) bag watercress, roughly chopped
- 15g/1/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan180C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Place 2 of the eggs in a small pan and cover with cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then simmer for 6 mins. Remove from the heat, drain and rinse the eggs in cold running water. Tap the shells all over then peel away the shells. Cut into quarters and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan, add a pinch of salt and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15mins or until tender. Drain and mash the potatoes. Beat the remaining egg and mix into the potatoes with a fork until fluffy.
- Place the milk, butter and flour together in a medium pan and slowly bring to the boil, using a balloon whisk to whisk the sauce until it boils and thickens. Cook for 1min. Season to taste.
- Cut the cod into large chunks and scatter over the base of a 1.4ltr/21/2pt ovenproof dish with the hard boiled eggs. Scatter over the watercress. Pour the hot sauce over the fish and eggs. Use a spoon and fork to heap the fluffy potatoes on top of the filling, then sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for 25-30mins or until the top is golden. Serve hot.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Leftover roast chicken crustless mini quiches
Perfect for a picnic, party or just sharing with the family, our roast chicken crustless mini quiches are a...
Courgette and red onion 'no pastry' quiche
To watch top vlogger Juggle Mum cook this recipe click here.
Micro recipe - ham and egg cobbler
Ham and egg cobbler is a quick and easy recipe, prepared in the microwave.