Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 6mins
Gizzi says: "A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’ thing – and it makes a delicious dessert."
- 3 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of really good marmalade
- 2 tablespoon Cointreau
- 1 orange, zested
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- Preheat the grill to medium. Whisk the egg whites (Gizzi uses free range) with the caster sugar, until light and fluffy then fold in the egg yolks, marmalade, Cointreau and orange zest.
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the whisked egg mixture and fry until golden brown on the underside. Transfer the omelette in its pan to the grill and cook briefly until the top is golden. Fold the omelette in half and dust with icing sugar.
- To make the cream whisk together the crème fraiche, icing sugar and Cointreau and serve a dollop with the omelette.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's healthy egg, ham and chips
Gizzi says: "Ham, egg and chips is a classic, but it’s not got a reputation for being healthy. Enter...
An omelette is a wonderful use for three fresh eggs and can be filled with your favourite ingredients, great...
Eggy Mexican quesadillas
Quesadillas with a twist! This version uses thin omelettes instead of tortillas to create this tasty Mexican recipe.
Gizzi Erskine's Keralan egg curry
Lovers of authentic Indian cuisine will know that curries can take some time to prepare – well, with Gizzi...