Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 6mins
Gizzi says: "A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’ thing – and it makes a delicious dessert."
- 3 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of really good marmalade
- 2 tablespoon Cointreau
- 1 orange, zested
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- Preheat the grill to medium. Whisk the egg whites (Gizzi uses free range) with the caster sugar, until light and fluffy then fold in the egg yolks, marmalade, Cointreau and orange zest.
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the whisked egg mixture and fry until golden brown on the underside. Transfer the omelette in its pan to the grill and cook briefly until the top is golden. Fold the omelette in half and dust with icing sugar.
- To make the cream whisk together the crème fraiche, icing sugar and Cointreau and serve a dollop with the omelette.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's old school frisée, bacon and egg salad
Gizzi says: " At the height of summer the last thing you want to do is lots of complicated...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Vivek Singh's omelette curry
This rather simple dish made with rolled up spiced omelette is a quick and easy, yet impressive dish. You...
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.