Gizzi Erskine's Turkish eggs with toast
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 3mins
A fantastic brunch dish by Gizzi Erskine
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g butter
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- sourdough bread, sliced, griddled and buttered to serve
- Mix together the yogurt and garlic and split between two small bowls. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil then poach two eggs (Gizzi uses free range) for 3 minutes so the yolks are still soft. Lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- While the eggs are poaching, heat a frying pan over a high heat, add the butter and paprika and cook until it starts to go slightly brown and nutty. Add the lemon juice, watching out as it will splutter. Place two eggs into each bowl of yogurt. Drizzle the butter over the egg and yogurt.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's huevos rancheros
Gizzi says: "One of my favourite brunch recipes must be huevos rancheros, the classic Mexican dish of corn tortillas...
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...