The Goring’s eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives
The Goring's head chef Shay Cooper's recipe for eggs en cocotte with smoked haddock, leeks and chives.
- 10g butter
- 20g leeks, finely sliced
- 20g smoked haddock, diced
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 1/2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp double cream
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Gently heat a medium pan. Add the butter until it melts and then add in the leeks. Cook the leeks until they are soft and translucent.
- Place the leeks into an individual ovenproof dish and spoon the diced smoked haddock on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a little well in the haddock and leek mixture and crack the egg into the hole. Spoon the double cream on the top.
- Set the oven at 170C. Place the dish into a tray of water and bake the eggs in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- To serve remove the dish from the oven, take it out of the tray of water and place it on a plate. Sprinkle it with chopped chives to finish.