Green eggy breakfast on rye
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 1 British Lion egg
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 ripe tomato
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Handful of baby spinach leaves, washed
- Slice of German rye bread
- Heat a small saucepan and chuck in the spinach. Don’t add any water – there will be enough on the spinach. Stir for 30 seconds to one minute until the spinach has wilted and lightly cooked. Drain the spinach whilst you quickly get the other bits done.
- Fill a frying pan with 5cm depth of water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Crack the egg into a saucer and tip it gently into the water. Reduce the heat so the water is just simmering and poach for 3 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread. Slice the tomato and lay it on the toast. Spoon the warm wilted spinach on top of the tomato.
- Peel the avocado and cut into generous chunks then sprinkle over a pinch of chilli flakes. Place the avocado on top of the spinach and top with a hot poached egg.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on bagel
It is a common question chefs get asked: ‘How do you make perfect poached eggs?’ They are probably one...
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...
Eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise
A recipe for classic eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise.
Oven roasted tomato and rocket bagels
Bagels with oven roasted tomato and rocket. Oven-roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a wonderful concentrated flavour. You can...