- Serves: 4
- Prep: 30mins
- Cook: 25mins
If you’re looking for a healthy yet indulgent feeling brunch recipe for Easter morning, stop the search. This shakshuka with a green twist is ideal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 15g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 150g spinach
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 150g sourdough bread, roughly torn
- 4 British Lion eggs
- Greek yogurt, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a large casserole dish, heat the olive oil, then add the onions and courgettes. Fry for 5 mins until they start to soften. Add the garlic, cumin seeds, ground coriander and ginger, then fry for 2-3 mins until fragrant.
2. Add the broccoli and sugar snap peas, stir frying for 3-4 mins, then stir in the peas and spinach (you may need to add it in batches), stirring regularly until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then pour two thirds of the veg into a bowl and set aside.
3. Put the remaining veg in a blender with half of the chopped parsley and coriander, plus the stock. Blitz to a thick soup consistency, then pour back into the casserole dish. Spoon the reserved vegetables on top, then scatter over the sourdough.
4. Using a spoon, create holes in the veg for the eggs, and crack an egg directly into each hole. Bake for 20-25 mins until the eggs have set. Scatter over the remaining herbs and add a dollop of Greek yogurt to serve
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Classic Eggs Royale
It’s a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.
Tom Daley's Cloud Eggs
Cloud Eggs is one of Robbie’s favourite brunch dishes, they require minimal ingredients and kids go wild for them...
Spicy bacon and baked egg bagels
A fancier and smokier version of our egg and bacon breakfast sandwich. It looks so impressive!