Half English breakfast
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 slices of pancetta
- A handful of baby chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium ripe tomato
- Buttered toast, to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of water to just below a simmer. Stir the water to create a whirlpool effect. Crack an egg into a small bowl and as the whirlpool is dying down carefully drop the egg into the water. Leave to poach for about three minutes, until the white is set and the yolk is still runny. Then remove with a slotted spoon. Repeat with the second egg.
- In the meantime, heat a small frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the pancetta. Fry for around 2-3 minutes per side or until crisp. Remove from the pan and place onto kitchen towel.
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan and cook for around five minutes or until soft and golden. Stir through the parsley. Cook the tomato in the pan at the same time until slightly soft and the cut side is slightly charred.
- Plate up the eggs, pancetta, mushrooms and tomato with a little seasoning. Then enjoy with toast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise
A recipe for classic eggs Benedict with homemade hollandaise.
Soft poached eggs, sweetcorn pancake and crispy pancetta
A recipe for soft poached eggs served on a sweetcorn pancake and crispy pancetta.
A take on the classic full English breakfast