Ham, egg and chips
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 35mins
Enjoy this version of a true British classic for a substantial family meal.
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 4 lean bacon chops, any fat snipped at even intervals
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F. Toss the potatoes in the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large roasting tin and bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Give the tin a good shake and move the potatoes to one end. Add the bacon chops and return to the oven for a further 8 minutes. Turn the chops, add the tomato halves and break the eggs into the tin. Sprinkle with a little black pepper. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the eggs are just set.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Bacon and egg quesadillas
The family is sure to enjoy these easy Mexican quesadillas as an alternative to a traditional English breakfast
Tomato crostini with fried egg
This easy post-exercise meal is a good way of getting carbohydrate, protein, fibre and vitamins all in one. The...
Egg in a hole with tomato and feta
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge...
For British Egg Week 2011.