Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
A great stir-fry recipe.
- 300g cooked brown rice
- 100g cooked wild rice
- 8 British Lion eggs, beaten
- 75g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Soy sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Dash of vegetable oil
- Prepare all the ingredients before you start cooking, making sure the spring onions are cut and ready to go.
- Heat a wok and add a small splash of vegetable oil. Allow the oil to get nice and hot.
- Pour the eggs into the wok and allow them to sit for 30 seconds before breaking them up with a fork.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn and stir-fry for a minute.
- Tip in the brown and wild rice and the spring onions. Work the ingredients together with your fork.
- Add as much soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce as you like and serve whilst hot.
Top tip: The recipe works well with freshly cooked rice, or you can use leftovers.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.
Egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn
Entertain your friends with your Chinese cookery skills and give them a healthy option compared with the takeaway version.