Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
A great stir-fry recipe.
- 300g cooked brown rice
- 100g cooked wild rice
- 8 British Lion eggs, beaten
- 75g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Soy sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Dash of vegetable oil
- Prepare all the ingredients before you start cooking, making sure the spring onions are cut and ready to go.
- Heat a wok and add a small splash of vegetable oil. Allow the oil to get nice and hot.
- Pour the eggs into the wok and allow them to sit for 30 seconds before breaking them up with a fork.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn and stir-fry for a minute.
- Tip in the brown and wild rice and the spring onions. Work the ingredients together with your fork.
- Add as much soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce as you like and serve whilst hot.
Top tip: The recipe works well with freshly cooked rice, or you can use leftovers.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...
Gizzi Erskine's healthy egg, ham and chips
Gizzi says: "Ham, egg and chips is a classic, but it’s not got a reputation for being healthy. Enter...