Honey and raspberry pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
Honey and raspberry pancakes (217 calories per portion) are a light and delicious dessert, perfect for summer nights.
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 200ml/7floz milk
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- a little oil for frying
- 350g/12oz raspberries, thawed and drained if frozen
- 2 tbsp whisky, or orange juice if you prefer
- vanilla ice cream and honey to serve
- Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl, add half the milk and whisk well until the mixture is lump free. Add the remaining milk and 2tbsp of the honey and whisk again until smooth. If you prefer, place all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into a jug.
- Heat a 20cm/8in diameter non-stick frying pan until hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Pour in a little of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt the pan to spread the batter thinly and evenly over the base. Cook for 2 mins or until the top is set and the base golden. Flip over using a spatula or if you are feeling brave, toss the pancake!
- Cook the pancake for further 1-2 mins or until the base is golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with greaseproof paper, keep warm. Use the batter to make a further 3 pancakes in the same way.
- Melt the remaining 4 tbsp honey and the whisky in the frying pan and bring to the boil; simmer for 1 minute. Add the raspberries and cook for 1 minute, gently stirring until the fruit is coated in the sauce.
- To serve, divide the filling between the pancakes and fold into quarters. Serve with ice cream and drizzle with more honey if desired.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Blueberries make a delicious topping for pancakes. Try our other pancake recipes.
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries...