Hot Crossed Bacon and Egg Buns
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
A new twist on the classic hot cross bun.
- 8 rashers smoked back bacon
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Maple syrup
- 4 hot cross buns
- Baby spinach leaves
- A little oil for frying
- 4 tsp tomato ketchup
- Brush both sides of the bacon rashers with maple syrup then place on a grill rack.
- Cook under a hot grill for 6 minutes, turning until they are crisp and golden on bite sides. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Split and toast the hot cross buns under the grill.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan, crack in the eggs and fry for 3—4 minutess or until cooked to your liking.
- Spread the base of the buns with ketchup, top with spinach, bacon and the fried egg.
- Serve straight away with more ketchup if desired.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...
Veggy breakfast sizzle
A quick and easy breakfast recipe that's a real treat.
Egg in a hole with tomato and feta
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge...