How to fry an egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 1mins
- Cook: 4mins
Master the art of frying an egg by following these easy steps.
- 1 large British Lion eg
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Grilled bacon and tomatoes to serve (optional)
- Place 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a small frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, use a knife to crack the shell and tip the egg, straight into the hot fat. Cook over a low to medium heat for 1 minute or until the white is set.
- Tilt the pan slightly and use a teaspoon to scoop the surplus hot oil/fat over the top of the egg until the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- For over easy eggs, carefully slide a spatula underneath the cooked egg and flip over to cook the yolk for 1 minute.
- Once cooked, lift the egg from the pan using a spatula and place onto kitchen paper to drain excess fat. Serve with a slice of buttered toast or rashers of grilled bacon and tomatoes.
To prevent the egg sticking to the pan during frying, sprinkle a little salt on the hot butter or oil before adding the egg to the pan
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Bacon and egg quesadillas
The family is sure to enjoy these easy Mexican quesadillas as an alternative to a traditional English breakfast
Tomato crostini with fried egg
This easy post-exercise meal is a good way of getting carbohydrate, protein, fibre and vitamins all in one. The...
Egg in a hole with tomato and feta
Save time in the morning and prep the salad the night before. Store in a bowl in the fridge...
For British Egg Week 2011.