How to scramble an egg
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 0mins
- Cook: 5mins
Follow our guide to perfect scrambled eggs. For more tips on how to scramble an egg, watch our how-to video featuring top chef Paul Merrett.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp milk (optional)
- Knob of butter
- Slice of buttered toast to serve (optional)
- Beat the eggs together with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp of milk to the eggs.
- Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. When sizzling, add the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir the eggs for 1-2 minutes, scraping the egg off the base of the pan as it sets.
- When most of the egg has set, remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir for 30 seconds until fully scrambled.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: