Indian egg and potato salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 16mins
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
- 450g/1 lb new potatoes, halved
- 225g/8oz cauliflower
- 100g/4oz whole green beans
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (420g) can chick peas, drained
- 20ml/1tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- Rind and juice 1 lime
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 15ml/1tbsp mango chutney
- 5ml/1tbsp medium curry paste
- Naan bread to serve
- Place the potatoes in a large pan of water, cover and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 mins, then drain. Crack and peel away the shells and quarter the eggs.
- Add cauliflower and beans to the potato pan and cook for 5 mins or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until cold. Place in a large salad bowl; add the eggs, onion, tomatoes and chick peas.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together with 45ml/3tbsp water. Just before serving, toss the dressing into the salad and serve immediately with naan bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...
Egg and avocado sandwich
Enjoy this egg and avocado open sandwich. It's easy to make.
Low calorie egg and vegetable noodle slice
As well as providing a delicious oriental style, low-calorie meal for the family, our egg noodle slice recipe can...