Indian egg and potato salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 16mins
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
- 450g/1 lb new potatoes, halved
- 225g/8oz cauliflower
- 100g/4oz whole green beans
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (420g) can chick peas, drained
- 20ml/1tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- Rind and juice 1 lime
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 15ml/1tbsp mango chutney
- 5ml/1tbsp medium curry paste
- Naan bread to serve
- Place the potatoes in a large pan of water, cover and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 mins, then drain. Crack and peel away the shells and quarter the eggs.
- Add cauliflower and beans to the potato pan and cook for 5 mins or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until cold. Place in a large salad bowl; add the eggs, onion, tomatoes and chick peas.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together with 45ml/3tbsp water. Just before serving, toss the dressing into the salad and serve immediately with naan bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...
Low calorie egg and vegetable noodle slice
As well as providing a delicious oriental style, low-calorie meal for the family, our egg noodle slice recipe can...