- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 12mins
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting with flavour and simple to make.
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- Some olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt to season
- Coriander, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and fry for 4 minutes until soft. Stir in the chilli, the tomatoes and the spices and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and divide into four.
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan, add one quarter of the tomato mixture to the pan, then pour in a quarter of the beaten eggs.
- Cook over a medium heat pushing the cooked egg towards the centre of the pan until no runny egg remains.
- Cook for a minute more until the base is golden
- Fold the omelette in the pan and tip onto a warm plate. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Repeat to make 3 more omelettes in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: