- 2 British Lion eggs
- 2 small red onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g plain flour
- 50ml cold stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 100g Chinese cabbage , finely shredded
- To serve:
- Okonomiyaki sauce or HP sauce
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the sliced onions then fry gently for 5 minutes until crispy. This is best done slowly so as not to burn them. Once golden brown and crispy, drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk together the flour and one egg adding in the cold stock and soy to make a smooth batter. Stir the cabbage, potato, spring onions, ginger and ¾ of the crispy onions.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add the batter. You want a relatively thin pancake. Cook for 5 minutes on each side on a medium heat.
- Whilst the pancake is cooking fry the egg in a little oil in a large frying pan.
- Once the pancake is cooked tip out onto a plate, top with the fried egg and the reserved crispy onions and alongside the sauces ready to serve.