Kale and wild mushroom carbonara
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 1 tbsp. and 1tsp. tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 Lion egg yolks + 1 Lion egg
- 70g cream cheese
- 100g Cavolo Nero or other kale
- 150g mushrooms
- 150g spaghetti
- 200g green beans
- Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the shallots and garlic. Cook until the shallots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tarragon and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Continue to cook about three minutes then add the green beans.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet, usually in a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks with the egg in a separate bowl and beat in the cream cheese.
- Tear the kale and add it to the pan with the green beans and the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Once the kale has begun cooking, add the spaghetti and remove the pan from the heat. After a few minutes, stir in the egg yolks and egg mixture.
- Place the pan back on a low heat and gently warm through while stirring, until the sauce begins to thicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining teaspoon of tarragon and check the seasoning. Add salt or pepper if necessary.
Recipe courtesy of www.anyonita-nibbles.co.uk
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie spiced egg pilau
This dish is ideal for athletes as it provides a 3 to 1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein, which...
Carbonara style spaghetti in the microwave
After a long day at work, this carbonara-style spaghetti can be made quickly in the microwave . For a...
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.
Chilli & pepperoni pasta
Chilli & pepperoni pasta is a quick, easy and tasty meal using eggs that will appeal to all the...