Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 10mins
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g kale, stalks removed and shredded
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 50g broad beans
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 30g mixed seeds or chopped nuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the British Lion eggs first. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and carefully drop 4 eggs in. Boil for 5.5 minutes or 6, if the eggs are big. Transfer the eggs into a bowl and cover them with ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Peel and halve each egg and leave to one side.
2. Heat up the rapeseed oil in a big saucepan or a pot over a high heat. Put the kale in and continuously stir to fry the kale until slightly wilted. This shouldn’t take more then 2 minutes.
3. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and stir again for another minute. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the kale into a serving bowl.
4. Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and maple syrup together. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
5. Spread the radishes, broad beans and avocado over the top of kale and drizzle with the dressing. Put the eggs on top of the salad and sprinkle all with mixed seeds or nuts.
whilst cooking the kale, don’t lower the heat. Even if you think it may burn, it’s crucial to stir rapidly and cook it fast, so it doesn’t wilt too much.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Egg and cress dip
Sick of sandwiches? Then pack the kids off with a pot of this and some pitta breads and vegetables...
Parma ham bruschetta
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
Chickpea and poached egg salad
This is an easy and nutritious salad that can be prepared quickly and makes an excellent lunch!