Kerala style egg curry
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 8 British Lion eggs hardboiled and peeled
- 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 onion sliced finely
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 dry red chillies
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Whilst the eggs are boiling heat the oil in a wok and when hot add the mustard seeds. (ensure that the oil is hot and then turn the fire down or the mustard seeds will burn)
- Add the red chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry till golden
- Add the curry leaves, minced ginger and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala and the tomatoes and sauté for about 3 minutes. The oil should come to the top at this point. Add the potatoes and saute for a couple of mintues
- Add half the coconut milk diluted with about 100 ml water and cook for about 8 minutes
- Lightly fry the eggs in oil
- Then add the eggs to the gravy and cook for about 3 minutes adding the curry leaves and the pepper
- Add the remaining coconut milk and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of jacintaz3.co.uk
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...
Chow mein with prawns
This delicious chow mein with prawns makes a satisfying meal for the family and is quick to prepare. Take...
Egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn
Entertain your friends with your Chinese cookery skills and give them a healthy option compared with the takeaway version.