King prawn and asparagus omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
This colourful and vibrant dish is jam-packed with flavours, and is a light and super healthy dish for the whole family. Tuck into some succulent king prawns with fresh crunchy asparagus slices and Emmental cheese for an added creamy taste.
- 100g/4oz asparagus tips, halved
- 12 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g/1oz butter
- 175g/6oz cooked king prawns
- 50g/2oz Monterey Jack or Emmenthal cheese, sliced
- Blanch the asparagus tips in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Beat the eggs with seasoning.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan, when sizzling pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan with a spatula until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 minute until base is golden.
- Scatter a quarter of the asparagus, prawns and cheese over the omelette and fold onto a plate. Repeat to make a further three omelettes in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Parma ham and basil omelette
Add an Italian twist to your omelette with this quick, easy and delicious recipe. Enjoy the enticing mixture of...
Fresh crab omelette
Try this seafood delight with great, fresh flavours. A simple and delicious protein-filled recipe complete with the soft, delicate...
Tomato and ham cheese soufflé
This delicious soufflé is also incredibly good value.