King prawn and asparagus omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
This colourful and vibrant dish is jam-packed with flavours, and is a light and super healthy dish for the whole family. Tuck into some succulent king prawns with fresh crunchy asparagus slices and Emmental cheese for an added creamy taste.
- 100g/4oz asparagus tips, halved
- 12 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g/1oz butter
- 175g/6oz cooked king prawns
- 50g/2oz Monterey Jack or Emmenthal cheese, sliced
- Blanch the asparagus tips in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Beat the eggs with seasoning.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in a medium frying pan, when sizzling pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan with a spatula until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 minute until base is golden.
- Scatter a quarter of the asparagus, prawns and cheese over the omelette and fold onto a plate. Repeat to make a further three omelettes in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato Spanish tortilla
This dish makes a great recovery meal as it provides plenty of carbohydrates (from the sweet potato) as well...
An omelette is a wonderful use for three fresh eggs and can be filled with your favourite ingredients, great...
Wild mushroom omelette
Treat yourself to an omelette with a difference.