Turkey mince scotch eggs
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 20mins
A favourite turkey breast mince recipe - lean scotch eggs.
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 350g lean turkey breast mince
- 1 heaped tsp English mustard powder
- 3 heaped tsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. plain flour
- 90g dried white breadcrumbs
- 50g mayonnaise (can also use reduced fat mayo)
- ¼ - ½ tsp medium curry powder
- Put 6 eggs into a medium saucepan, add just enough cold water to cover them by 1cm and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then rinse under cold water, until cool. Once cooled, carefully peel them – take your time doing this, the eggs are still quite soft and you don’t want to break the eggs when peeling them.
- Mix together the turkey mince, English mustard powder and 1 tbsp. chopped parsley in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and dust each egg in the flour. Divide the turkey mince mixture into 6 equal portions (they’ll be around 60g each). Flatten each portion out into a large, thin round. Place the egg in the centre and wrap the meat mixture around the egg. Repeat with the remaining soft boiled eggs.
- Place the remaining two unused eggs into a shallow bowl and beat well with a fork. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate with the remaining parsley, and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dust the meat coated eggs in flour, then dip into the egg mixture and finally roll in the breadcrumb mixture until fully coated in the crumbs.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the scotch eggs, and cook on a medium heat, for around 15 minutes, turning often, until golden and crisp and the turkey mince is completely cooked through.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the curry powder in a small bowl. Serve the warm scotch eggs with the curried mayo.
Get ahead. Make the scotch eggs up until step 6 the day before you want to cook them. Place onto a plate, cover with clingfilm and cook the next day.
See also: our classic Scotch egg recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: