- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 30mins
- Leftover vegetables and/or meat, for example – onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, ham, chicken, bacon, sausage – whatever you have lying around at the end of the week.
- Leftover cooked potatoes, chopped
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- A handful of cheese (optional)
- Salad or baked beans, to serve
- Start by chopping up your vegetables then soften them over a medium heat for a few minutes in a large frying pan. Add the potatoes to the pan and warm through.
- Crack your eggs into a jug or bowl and whisk well, mixing in the herbs, before adding to the frying pan.
- Mix the eggs into the veg for around a minute before reducing the heat slightly and allowing to set.
- Meanwhile preheat your grill to medium.
- When the underside of your frittata is cooked and the top is beginning to set, sprinkle over the cheese (if using) and pop it under the grill, being careful not to melt the pan handle.
- To serve, cut it into quarters in the pan and use a spatula to get it out. Serve with either salad or baked beans. Any leftovers can be eaten cold for lunch the following day, or taken on a picnic.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: