Lemon curd and sultana tart
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 25mins
A delicious dessert-style tart which will become a family favourite.
- 500g pack shortcrust pastry
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 450g (1lb) tub curd cheese
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) sultanas
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200 C/400 F.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line 8 individual fluted flan tins which measure 8cm (3 1/4 inch) across the base. Prick the bases with a fork and place on a metal baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs, cheese and sugar together, and stir in the lemon zest and juice and sultanas. Divide the mixture between the pastry cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set and pale golden on top. Leave to cool in the tins.
- Carefully remove from the tins and serve dusted with icing sugar.
You can cook this mixture in a 20cm (8 inch) fluted flan tin. Add an extra 15-20 minutes to the baking time.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Double chocolate mousse
A recipe for chocoholics. This luxurious chocolate dessert is ideal for entertaining and will make sure that there are...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...
Honey and raspberry pancakes
Honey and raspberry pancakes (217 calories per portion) are a light and delicious dessert, perfect for summer nights.