Lemon curd and sultana tart
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 25mins
A delicious dessert-style tart which will become a family favourite.
- 500g pack shortcrust pastry
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 450g (1lb) tub curd cheese
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) sultanas
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200 C/400 F.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line 8 individual fluted flan tins which measure 8cm (3 1/4 inch) across the base. Prick the bases with a fork and place on a metal baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs, cheese and sugar together, and stir in the lemon zest and juice and sultanas. Divide the mixture between the pastry cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set and pale golden on top. Leave to cool in the tins.
- Carefully remove from the tins and serve dusted with icing sugar.
You can cook this mixture in a 20cm (8 inch) fluted flan tin. Add an extra 15-20 minutes to the baking time.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter egg cakes
These delicious Easter egg cakes taste great - too good to be left until Easter!
Lemon meringue roulade
Finish your dinner party in style with this delicious and impressive dessert.
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes
Blueberry and raspberry pancakes are a tasty treat any time of the year, but especially good when British raspberries...