Lemon curd and sultana tart
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 25mins
A delicious dessert-style tart which will become a family favourite.
- 500g pack shortcrust pastry
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 450g (1lb) tub curd cheese
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) sultanas
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200 C/400 F.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line 8 individual fluted flan tins which measure 8cm (3 1/4 inch) across the base. Prick the bases with a fork and place on a metal baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs, cheese and sugar together, and stir in the lemon zest and juice and sultanas. Divide the mixture between the pastry cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set and pale golden on top. Leave to cool in the tins.
- Carefully remove from the tins and serve dusted with icing sugar.
You can cook this mixture in a 20cm (8 inch) fluted flan tin. Add an extra 15-20 minutes to the baking time.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Warm eggy bread & berries
A delicious desser perfect when British berries are in season.
Easter chocolate torte
A decadent Easter treat that could also be served as a dessert when entertaining.
Tropical fruit pavlova
This delicious dessert is suprisingly low in calories with only 356 per portion