Lime and coconut crunchy biscuits
- Serves: 10
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
These delicious biscuits look great and taste even better
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) butter, softened
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) icing sugar
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) dessicated coconut
- To decorate:
- 25g (1oz) large coconut shreds
- 65g (2oz) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F. Lightly oil two baking sheets.Cream the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Add the remaining lime juice, zest, egg, flour, baking powder, dessicated coconut and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Place six spoonfuls of the mixture well apart on each of the baking sheets. Flatten with a fork and sprinkle over the coconut shreds. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate mix the reserved lime juice with the icing sugar to make a thin icing. Drizzle the icing over the biscuits. Leave to set. These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Give your friends a treat with these scrumptious banoffee pancakes. For fabulous pancakes every time check out our guide...
Raspberry and cinnamon muffins
Muffins are very popular and are even better homemade. Our delicious recipe will impress the whole family.
Fresh fruit gateau
This delicious dessert is perfect for a dinner party and because it contains less than 250 calories it will...