Lime and coconut crunchy biscuits
- Serves: 10
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
These delicious biscuits look great and taste even better
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) butter, softened
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) icing sugar
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) dessicated coconut
- To decorate:
- 25g (1oz) large coconut shreds
- 65g (2oz) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F. Lightly oil two baking sheets.Cream the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Add the remaining lime juice, zest, egg, flour, baking powder, dessicated coconut and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Place six spoonfuls of the mixture well apart on each of the baking sheets. Flatten with a fork and sprinkle over the coconut shreds. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate mix the reserved lime juice with the icing sugar to make a thin icing. Drizzle the icing over the biscuits. Leave to set. These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: