Liz McClarnon's Thai style stuffed omelette
Go Oriental with Liz McClarnon’s Thai style protein-packed wonder. Just add juicy strips of chicken breasts, crunchy carrots, shredded white cabbage and rice noodles with a hint of ginger to give it that extra boost. To watch a video of Liz cooking this recipe, click here.
- 4 tsp cornflour (mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- Sunflower oil
- 125g rice noodles
- 10g ginger paste or 1 sachet
- 115g mushrooms
- 2 carrots, cut as thinly as you can manage
- 1/2 white cabbage, shredded as thinly as possible
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Soy sauce
- 2 tsp, white wine vinegar
- Place the rice noodles in boiling water, cover and allow to soak for about 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, season with pepper, add the chilli flakes and cornflour mix.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and pour in 1/4 of the egg mix (as we're making this for 4 people) spread around the pan and cook until the base is golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Make three more chilli omelettes.
- Heat some more sunflower oil in a wok (or a large frying pan).
- Brown the chicken then add the carrots, pepper, mushrooms and cabbage in the wok/frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add some soy sauce (some people like more than others), ginger paste, vinegar and noodles and mix it all up for another 5 minutes.
- Place the omelette on a warm plate, spoon some of the noodle mix in the centre. Fold over the edges to make a neat square shaped parcel and quickly turn over to enclose the filling. Repeat for the remaining omelettes.