Low calorie baked eggs with roasted Mediterranean vegetables
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 30mins
This high-protein dish is an excellent way of getting at least 2 of an athlete’s 5 a day fruit and vegetables. It is rich in vitamins A, C and E, important antioxidants that promote recovery after exercise and improve immune functioning, while the eggs supply body-building protein, iron and vitamin D.
- ½ aubergine, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ bulb of fennel, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- A handful of black olives
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
- Place all the vegetables in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle over the olive oil, add the garlic and rosemary, then toss lightly so that the vegetables are well coated in the oil.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- Mix in the black olives. Make two wells in the middle of the vegetables. Crack an egg into each indentation. Bake for a further 8 – 10 minutes or until the eggs are set. Serve with crusty bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
To watch top vloggers Crumbs Food cook this recipe click here.
Baked eggs with courgettes & tomatoes
212 calories per portion
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...